This textbook for courses in Embedded Systems introduces students to necessary concepts, through a hands-on approach.
LEARN BY EXAMPLE – This book is designed to teach the material the way it is learned, through example. Every concept is supported by numerous programming examples that provide the reader with a step-by-step explanation for how and why the computer is doing what it is doing.
LEARN BY DOING – This book targets the Texas Instruments MSP430 microcontroller. This platform is a widely popular, low-cost embedded system that is used to illustrate each concept in the book. The book is designed for a reader that is at their computer with an MSP430FR2355 LaunchPadTM Development Kit plugged in so that each example can be coded and run as they learn.
LEARN BOTH ASSEMBLY AND C – The book teaches the basic operation of an embedded computer using assembly language so that the computer operation can be explored at a low-level. Once more complicated systems are introduced (i.e., timers, analog-to-digital converters, and serial interfaces), the book moves into the C programming language. Moving to C allows the learner to abstract the operation of the lower-level hardware and focus on understanding how to “make things work”.
BASED ON SOUND PEDAGOGY – This book is designed with learning outcomes and assessment at its core. Each section addresses a specific learning outcome that the student should be able to “do” after its completion. The concept checks and exercise problems provide a rich set of assessment tools to measure student performance on each outcome.
- Written the way the material is taught, enabling a bottoms-up approach to learning which culminates with a high-level of learning, with a solid foundation;
- Emphasizes examples from which students can learn: contains a program examples that can be run for nearly every section in the book;
- Targets a widely popular embedded computer, the Texas Instruments MSP430FR2355;
- Covers both assembly language and C language programming of the MSP430, with examples that are meant to be coded and run on an MSP430FR2355 LaunchPadTM Development Kit directly;
- Describes specific learning outcomes for each activity, so that the reader knows why they are doing what they are doing, along with abundant assessment tools, including concept checks and exercises.
Resource này gồm có:
- File tài liệu Embedded Systems Design using the MSP430FR2355 LaunchPad™ định dạng pdf và epub
- File Size: 61,79 MB with PDF and 453,03 MB with epub
- Hardcover: 479 pages
- Publisher: Springer; 1st ed. 2020 edition (May 22, 2020)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 3030405737
- ISBN-13: 978-3030405731
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 10 inches